CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Wireless temperature sensor network

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bhandags

Wireless temperature sensor network
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:18 pm     Reply with quote

ok guys, i need help, i'm out of time and this is the only thing that can help.

i need to make a wirless temperature sensor network within the next few days. I am using DS1620, (if that hepls). i have ordered many parts, but am scrapping them. what is the quickest and easiest way for me to do the following:

a) there are 2 nodes and a base station(the base station is located at a PC). Node B sends a tranmistion of the tempeature to node A. Node A receives the transmition, and sends the temperature at node A and B to a base station .

b)each node most have a LCD screen with the temperaute at the node location..

i would prefer if this is done using C code. but anything is of great help now

really hope u guys out there can help. Ohhhh yeah, it has to be cheap as possible to bulid. i'm already over my budget.

Thanx
Steve H.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:31 pm     Reply with quote

Just a few thoughts -

1 - If you haven't built anything yet and are already over budget - perhaps the whole project should be rethought, eh?

2 - You did not mention how far the nodes are away from the sender and what the path looks like - i.e. from inside to the outside of a building, through walls or glass, etc. This determines the path loss and will determine the frequency and power needed.

3 - You did not mention the temperature range required.

4 - You did not mention the data rate - although I can probably assume that the temperature will be moving slowly, this can be slow.

5 - You did not mention if the devices are battery operated, in which case the power requirements would also be important.

Best regards,

Steve H.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: