CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Set ICD-2 "Background Debug" in MPLAB6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry Gershenfeld

Set ICD-2 "Background Debug" in MPLAB6
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:26 pm     Reply with quote

I have discovered in MPLAB 6 that if you set the fuses in your source, the Configuration for the PIC (PUT, BOR, WDT, etc) will be set accordingly in the ICD-2.

But in some circumstances the Background Debug (that's the "load the debug monitor" feature) keeps going back to Disabled and I can't figure out the source of that setting. I have tried "device ICD=TRUE" but that's not it. Anyone?

Barry

Re: Set ICD-2 "Background Debug" in MPLAB6
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:24 pm     Reply with quote

I don't have an ICD-2, but in MPLAB6.10 in "build options" under "Project" - there's a tab for CCS Compiler and on that page a check box there for "compile for ICD"

Maybe that will do it for you?

John

:=I have discovered in MPLAB 6 that if you set the fuses in your source, the Configuration for the PIC (PUT, BOR, WDT, etc) will be set accordingly in the ICD-2.
:=
:=But in some circumstances the Background Debug (that's the "load the debug monitor" feature) keeps going back to Disabled and I can't figure out the source of that setting. I have tried "device ICD=TRUE" but that's not it. Anyone?
:=Barry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:16 am     Reply with quote

:=I have discovered in MPLAB 6 that if you set the fuses in your source, the Configuration for the PIC (PUT, BOR, WDT, etc) will be set accordingly in the ICD-2.
:=But in some circumstances the Background Debug (that's the "load the debug monitor" feature) keeps going back to Disabled and I can't figure out the source of that setting. I have tried "device ICD=TRUE" but that's not it. Anyone?

It is my experience that if you enable 'Background' Debug, the ICD2 will not waork at all.

So just leave it disabled.

Regards

Poul

Re: Set ICD-2 "Background Debug" in MPLAB6 -- OK
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:50 pm     Reply with quote

:=I don't have an ICD-2, but in MPLAB6.10 in "build options" under "Project" - there's a tab for CCS Compiler and on that page a check box there for "compile for ICD"
:=Maybe that will do it for you?
:=John

Thanks, John, that seems to be the lead I needed. So many options...Digging deeper, there is a Debugger-level setting, a Project-level setting, as well as the "ICD=TRUE" directive I can put in the code. In some of my projects the debugger is on by default, but in this one is was off. "Checking the box" got it to default to "on". I'll figure out all the combinations eventually; I'm patient...

Poul:
When the Background Debug is disabled, it prompts to see if I want to enable it (that's how I know when it's off). My ICD2 does work, so there is hope for yours. Perhaps we could help you somehow.

Barry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:46 am     Reply with quote

What fuses do you set in the code when using the ICD?

For the 16F877, CCS PCM does not have a #fuse option for Debugging ON?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: