CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

icd issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
h

icd issues
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:47 am     Reply with quote

hello,
anyone had a project that will not work when downloaded to the hardware after working great through the debugger? Stranger still. When the code is compiled with ICD=TRUE it works in the hardware. compile with ICD=false and it wont run.
Any thoughts.

Thanks
Testicky

was working in circuit with ICD-2 but could not programm
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:55 am     Reply with quote

a few days ago, using a 12F629, a small adaptor board from microchip ( wich plug instead of the 12F629), MPlab 6.4, I could run the program with the ICD-2, but not program the same chip in-circuit with the same ICD-2.
Eventually, after a few uninstall, and re-install, the conclusion was that my ICD-2 was faulty!!!! The ICD-2 could run the small board to emulate, but when trying to use it in programming mode, ..no it would not do it.
I am not sure if this is related to your problem...but...seems not far similar.

icd issues as well
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:01 am     Reply with quote

Hi,

working with CCS 3.182 or 3.184 (same symptoms) under MPLAB 6.4

I have the same kind of problem. When compiling with ICD=TRUE the program runs, when I take it off it doesn't work anymore !

What should we do ?

ICD fuse issues
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:47 am     Reply with quote

Check your fuses both with and without ICD=TRUE. Perhaps one of the default setting with ICD=TRUE is allowing you code to run.

Also check out the Release notes for 3.184 CCS has fixed a few ICD related fuse issues.

Later

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:56 pm     Reply with quote

I'm using microchips icd2 debugger. I set all fuses off in code and ensured that the icd wasn't compiling for icd. I did notice that when switching the icd to program it didn't automatically change the program range to the full range of memory on the part (16f877A). anyway I got it working. But I'm still uneasy. Afraid there is some hidden bug that I'm not aware of. Eventually (soon I hope) this product will be for sale. I don't need alot of irate customers. hopefully our field testing will uncover any insidious bugs I can't find in the lab.

thanks
schmobol

ICD issues
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:37 am     Reply with quote

It works now ! I just had to add a fuse setting NOLVP (it was automatically set by ICD=TRUE) to solve my problem. Tricky this "ICD=TRUE" !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: