CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Bug in IDE?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargar

Bug in IDE?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:21 am     Reply with quote

PCB version 3.174
IDE 3.37

Sometimes (quite often) when I compile a code, the status bar at the bottom says "No Errors" on a red background.. This is wrong, because if I manually inspect the error log file outputted, it finds several errors.

I have even had the compiler report "No Errors" on a red background when I have put code like this in the c.file that is compiled:

dumting * idiot = pucko

And this without declaring the "variable" names, and as you can see, even if I did, it would be wrong C-syntax.

So, does anyone else know anything about why the IDE reports "No Errors" on a RED background while at the same time putting out the correct errors in the error log file? -The first time I used the compiler I sat for a good hour trying to figure out why I didn't get a hex file when I compiled with "no errors". I thought it was funny that it was on a red background though, and looking for the hex file I found the error log and opened it... voila...

It is a stupid bug though!?
seanyGood

bug in IDE
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:23 pm     Reply with quote

Yah, I've seen that bug before, but not in the newest version. I've found in the past that usually when i get the no errors message, it means that i'm either compiling for the wrong type of proc (Microchip 12 bit instead of Microchip 14 bit) or it means that there is not enough ROM. I've noticed that a lot of times the proc selection type is highlighted by default, and then if you move the mouse wheel in an attempt to scroll down the code, instead it will select a different proc type, and you'll get no errors. But, I have yet to experience this in the newest version of the IDE.
Haplo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:29 am     Reply with quote

Actually this is because of your compiler version. I clearly remember having this problem too. Take a look at the CCS version log here:
http://www.ccsinfo.com/versions.shtml

In the version 3.174 they tried to improve the error reporting, but they actually totally broke it. Two days later the released 3.175 with this change: "Problems with error messages in PCW are fixed" Very Happy
Dargar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:26 am     Reply with quote

Am I entitled to upgrades even thoug I have only bought the student license/Development kit?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: