CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Battery recommendation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon630

Battery recommendation
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 11:01 pm     Reply with quote

dear friends,
I am now looking for one high capacity, high pulse current (about 100mA), and tiny size battery. The best i can find is alkaline LR43 from energizer with 80mAh. btw, not rechargeable one preferred. Do any of you have better recommendations?
thx & warmest regards
Simon
Charlie U

Battery
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:32 am     Reply with quote

What about the LR44 series (Energizer number A76) which is the same diameter, and only 1.2mm thicker? It has nearly double the rated capacity at 150 mAh.
Neutone

Re: Battery recommendation
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:03 pm     Reply with quote

simon630 wrote:
dear friends,
I am now looking for one high capacity, high pulse current (about 100mA), and tiny size battery. The best i can find is alkaline LR43 from energizer with 80mAh. btw, not rechargeable one preferred. Do any of you have better recommendations?
thx & warmest regards
Simon

I would start by figuring what voltage is needed for pulse current and continous current.

A standard watch battery can run a PIC with a 32Khz clock for a long time. They usualy run at ~3V but that should not be a problem if care is taken in the circuit design.

For pulse current you can use a battery with a different voltage to match your pulse load requirements and use a transistor to switch power. If you figure your pulse duration and frequency you can solve for the mA hours you will need or a good value to match you PIC battery life. Tatteran (I may have spelled it wrong) is a good battery manufacturer for high power in a given form factor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: