CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

U40 driver install in XP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
firtha

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

U40 driver install in XP
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:41 pm     Reply with quote

I received the USB ICD, and have (attempted to) install the USB driver on XP Home. All goes well, except the I get the message "Installation Failed".

The ICD seems to work fine even without the successful install, execpt that every time I attach the ICD to my PC, I get the 'Found new hardware', and the install dialog box again.

PCWH appears to work OK in all instances, so this is more of a pain than a show stopper, but I'd like to get the install to stop bugging me.

Anyone else seen this? Got a fix?

TIA...
wa822

XP Install of ICD on USB
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:02 pm     Reply with quote

I also had a problem with the USB driver.
Luckily XP offers the facility to roll back to the last system restore point and try again. Restore points are automatically created at the start of installations. Just doing the install in a slightly different way can solve these problems. The dialogue boxes always make more sense second time around.
I'm sorry this is not very scientific, but it worked for me, and I did not have to reinstall the OS Smile

regards

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Thanks for the help
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:43 pm     Reply with quote

Smile This is the weirdest thing... Since posting the original message, I bought and tried to install a Belkin USB to serial adaptor... with no success.

I tried the install of the U40 today... and it worked! So, armed with confidence, I tried the Belkin USB adaptor again (I was ready to take it back to the store...) AND IT WORKED!.

After that, XP found my scanner, which had disappeared when I tried to install the U40, and successfully reinstalled it.

The only thing I did was unplug my digital camera USB cable (there was no camera attached)

Weird? I guess the answer is: Keep trying! I have never had much success with USB... I guess I'm a magnet for trouble.

Thanks for your response, and to all who read my plea for help.
john cutler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:00 am     Reply with quote

The only problem I've had is that when running my target while debugging, both the ICDS and the newer ICDU-40 take 100% of the CPU. After a short while, the fan on my laptop comes on. Unfortunately, this is also true of MPLAB using ICD2 under similar circumstances.

I know the host program is polling the ICD to monitor conditions while debugging, but is it really necessary to use 100% of the CPU's power while doing so?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: