CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Question about ICD-U80 and MCLR pin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woody

Question about ICD-U80 and MCLR pin
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:39 am     Reply with quote

I'm in the middle of a small project with a 16f1509 and running into something I have not seen before. I was wondering if someone found a solution to this.

In this project, all of the 1509's pins are used, which is the reason I'm also using MCLR as an input, just for a simple, on-board calibration switch.

Wired as seen here: https://box.postkamer.eu/cloud/index.php/s/cMmyRP3K4zj6q8W

Now when I connect the ICD_U80 I can program the 1509 without problems. The PIC starts and runs ok.

However, if I leave the ICSP cable connected to the ICD and test the on-board switch, it does not work. I turns out that the ICD keeps the MCLR pin at a 3.8V level, and the switch, via the 5.6k resistor, does not lower this level enough to be seen as 'input'.

Disconnecting the USB cable from the ICD does not help; I have to disconnect the ICSP cabling (just the MCLR wire) to make the switch work. Which is, however small the action, starting to become a bit of a pain in the backside.

So I was wondering, is there a solution to this? Why is the ICD keeping the MCLR pin at a (to me) strange level of 3.8V? Andis there something I should / could have done to prevent this?

Kind regards,

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: