CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

How to use ALL 876 outputs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
June85

How to use ALL 876 outputs?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:18 am     Reply with quote

Hi, I trying to use PIC16F876 to light on 16 LEDs. But I can maximum light on 7 LEDs. I already connected all B0-B7 and C0-C7 to 1Kohm resistor. But still not working.

I doubt it maybe caused by lack of power for all the LEDs. Anybody can help me to solve it? Thanks...

Re: How to use ALL 876 outputs?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:28 am     Reply with quote

There is a limit on the current that PORTB & PORTC can source/sink. Consult the datasheet for the actual value (I think it is 200mA). You probably need to buffer your LEDs.

Ali

Re: How to use ALL 876 outputs?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:05 am     Reply with quote

:=
:=Hi, I trying to use PIC16F876 to light on 16 LEDs. But I can maximum light on 7 LEDs. I already connected all B0-B7 and C0-C7 to 1Kohm resistor. But still not working.
:=
:=I doubt it maybe caused by lack of power for all the LEDs. Anybody can help me to solve it? Thanks...

With 1K resistors you should be OK. You say 'resistor' - hopefully you mean 'resistors'... Operation also depends on how much power your circuit can deliver.
If you have each output connected to a resistor, and then to an LED, the current required, will only be in the order of 3mA for each LED. The chip can happily deliver this. However your supply, will have to deliver nearly 50mA more when the LED's are all on, than with them off.

Best Wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: