CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

3D printer firmware library

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stoyanoff

3D printer firmware library
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:36 am     Reply with quote

Greetings! I'm looking for a code library suitable to RepRap(Marlin/Sprinter/Repetier). Is there any code library for CNC or 3d printer?
Thanks!
ckielstra

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:31 pm     Reply with quote

Be more specific.
The code used in the mentioned RepRap derived printers is open source and available from Github. My guess is you know this and that this isn't what you are looking for.
But, if this isn't what you are looking for, then I have no clue as what you do want.
stoyanoff

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:17 pm     Reply with quote

These printer drivers are written for Arduino! So I'm asking if there is a CCS library or I have to translate from them!
Thanks!
drolleman

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:52 pm     Reply with quote

All the movements except for homing are g1. Even though there are many gcodes very few are used.
ckielstra

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:22 pm     Reply with quote

@drolleman: A 3D printer involves a bit more than just processing the G0/G1 commands. There is route planning, PID based temperature control of heated bed and nozzle, reading thermocouples, LCD screen output, reading data from SD-card or USB stick, etc.
I do understand the question for existing firmware as it saves a lot of time not having to do this all again.

@stoyanoff: There are a few PIC based 3D printers around but I don't know one using CCS.

I wouldn't spend my time on a PIC based design. To give yourself more headroom you want one of the more powerful PIC24 based chips. Do you have the compiler for those?

Much easier to switch platform and use one of the many Arduino based projects. It will take same extra time to learn the new platform, but you will save massive time because there is so much more support available on this particular project. Hardware is cheap, or at least not more than you would pay for an equivalent PIC based design. Development tools are free. So much easier to buy a ready made and tested PCB than having to design your own with all the standard prototype problems.
Spend your time in improving the printer in the parts where you improve on the existing projects. Everybody will gain from your improvements instead of doing a new design that has been done hundreds of times before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: