CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

does any one have code cc2420 p2p using pic18f4550

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandeep

does any one have code cc2420 p2p using pic18f4550
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:20 am     Reply with quote

im am trying to communicate from one point to another point using cc2420 zigbee module in SPI MODE using pic18f4550 if any one have tried it help me how to do it and anyone had code please share with me.

please help me with this. thankyou....
temtronic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:34 am     Reply with quote

Since no one has replied, I'll post a few points.
1) ALL zigbee devices are 3 Volt devices so you MUST have some form of 'logic level translation' if you use a 5 volt PIC! Easiest solution is to use a 3Volt rated PIC. typically this is one with 'L' in the part number(18LF46K22 is 3V, 18F46k22 is 5 volt). Using a 3 volt PIC elimininates the need for 'logic level translation' devices(chips or transistors),extra wiring,etc.

2)SMD is NOT fun to solder, so get some 'modules'. Check to be sure they are 100% compatible.Some will run off 5 V but really are just a PCB, 3V regulator and zigbee so it it a 3 V module! See #1 above

3)search the 'code library' here, then google for 'drivers for zigbee,ccs c'. There may be something 'out there'. You'll also probably need the x-ctu PC software to program the zigbee devices. There's a huge learning curve running that program .... I gave up after 3 months of frustration..

4)I've yet to find ANY wireless communications modules that are simple 'install and work' that are economical(<$50 per device). Sigh, 100' of CAT5 works 100% of the time!

jay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: