CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Keyspan Serial Port Adapters

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john cutler

Keyspan Serial Port Adapters
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 8:32 pm     Reply with quote

Hi - I was wondering, since I need more than one RS-232 port, and my new Acer has only 4 USB 2.0, and since my Keyspan is old, designed for PDA, and 57600 max baud rate, do you have any experience with Keyspan's 4 port adapter? It's not cheap, around $130 US, but would make life easier in the PIC world.

Also, fyi, I spoke to Mark at CCS today, and he said they are aware that several of us are complaining about the CCS Debugger eating up 100\% CPU time, but that they're in "a very busy period" and won't be able to get to it for a "couple of weeks".

John Cutler
<verminsky@earthlink.net>

Re: Keyspan Serial Port Adapters
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 8:33 am     Reply with quote

Hi John,
The price and the 4-port adapter are pretty good as it can over USB... I have some bad experiences: when the cable is unexpectly teared off and I plug in it again (I have a cable zig-zag on my desk Smile ), sometimes it is too much for Billy Smile : when the cable is detached, Billy tries to remove the driver from the memory and right after attached again he tries to load the drivers again so it is a WYSIAGPF (What You See Is A General Protection Fault Smile and not WYSIWYG).

I hope Mark will solve the problem soon.

Regards,
Tomi

:=Hi - I was wondering, since I need more than one RS-232 port, and my new Acer has only 4 USB 2.0, and since my Keyspan is old, designed for PDA, and 57600 max baud rate, do you have any experience with Keyspan's 4 port adapter? It's not cheap, around $130 US, but would make life easier in the PIC world.
:=
:=Also, fyi, I spoke to Mark at CCS today, and he said they are aware that several of us are complaining about the CCS Debugger eating up 100\% CPU time, but that they're in "a very busy period" and won't be able to get to it for a "couple of weeks".
:=
:=John Cutler
:=<verminsky@earthlink.net>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: