CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Have ICD ignore chip type

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fmarcelino

Have ICD ignore chip type
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:37 am     Reply with quote

We recently moved from the PIC18F2585 to the PIC18F2680, which is form fit function replacement.

My question is that I'm trying to get the original code that we use to run on the PIC18F2585 downloaded into the PIC18F2680 using the ICD. It complains that the PIC that the code is written for is not the PIC that it's attempting to program and won't allow it.

Is there any way to get the ICD to ignore the chip type and download it anyway?

The PIC18F2680 is just a beefier version of the PIC18F2585, but I was hoping to use the same code base as we're still going to have to support the old devices in the field which have the PIC18F2585 as well as the PIC18F2680 going forward.

I'm running ccsload version 4.02 and I'm using the ICD-U40

Thanks in advance
newguy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:30 am     Reply with quote

Seriously, why are you choosing to make your life difficult? Just recompile with the new header file and have two .hex files. If the two chips are nearly identical, then the code should compile for the new chip without issues. If there are errors, they can be taken care of with conditional compilation directives.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: