CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

CASE STATEMENT ERROR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danny

CASE STATEMENT ERROR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:00 am     Reply with quote

I'm using the rs232 to get a message from another pic. this part of my circuit functions correctly. i use the getc() function in ccs, so the pic waits for a byte to be recieved. However as i need to filter messages, i.e certain messages do different actions, my program program hangs when the case statement finishes. i have a bi-led lighting, and this flashes green red every time a message is recieved, but when the case statement is excuted, the led goes off and the pic appears to hang.

Can anyone help????????? also if there are any other ways of filtering messages??

Re: CASE STATEMENT ERROR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:51 am     Reply with quote

:=I'm using the rs232 to get a message from another pic. this part of my circuit functions correctly. i use the getc() function in ccs, so the pic waits for a byte to be recieved. However as i need to filter messages, i.e certain messages do different actions, my program program hangs when the case statement finishes. i have a bi-led lighting, and this flashes green red every time a message is recieved, but when the case statement is excuted, the led goes off and the pic appears to hang.
:=
:=Can anyone help????????? also if there are any other ways of filtering messages??

First - Please give the BBS a minute and reload to see if your message is there.....

Second - Here is how I read and parse simple commands:

switch (toupper(getch())) {
case 'F':
key = getch();
while (isdigit(key)) {
sum = (sum * 10) + (key - '0');
key = getch();
}
If ((sum > MinFreq) && (sum < MaxFreq)) {
dPhase = sum;
}
else {
putc( 21 ); //Freq is bad, send }
break;
case 'D':
key = getch();
while (isdigit(key)) {
sum = (sum * 10) + (key - '0');
key = getch();
}
dly = (int)(sum/1000);
break;
case 'P':
key = getch();
if (key != '0'){
Pinger = true;
puts("P = true");
}
else{
Pinger = false;
puts("P = false");
}
break;
case '?':
Verbose = true;
break;
case 13: //ignore spurious <CR> or <LF>, don't send <NAK>
case 10:
break;
default: //Command not recognized
puts("Command not recognized\n\r");
}

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:37 pm     Reply with quote

<font face="Courier New" size=-1>It would be helpful if you showed the receive and filter routines so we can help determine what is wrong. Is the filter tied to the receive routine directly somehow?? How is the receive routine structured?? In my case I use the first letter to trim the candidates and then work my way through the message at key points.

Dave

:=I'm using the rs232 to get a message from another pic. this part of my circuit functions correctly. i use the getc() function in ccs, so the pic waits for a byte to be recieved. However as i need to filter messages, i.e certain messages do different actions, my program program hangs when the case statement finishes. i have a bi-led lighting, and this flashes green red every time a message is recieved, but when the case statement is excuted, the led goes off and the pic appears to hang.
:=Can anyone help????????? also if there are any other ways of filtering messages??
</font>

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 3:17 pm     Reply with quote

The method I use is to recieve an entire packet before processing it. I do this with an interupt that stores bytes to a buffer. Every time I recieve a byte I set a timers value. If that timer overflows the byte stream has stoped and I can begin processing the packet. The timer interupt sets a packet complete flag that I check for from 'main'. I do use case statements to process the packets though. One thing about case statements is that you really should be sure to include a default case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: