CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Installing CCSLoad.exe - Know Where To Put It!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Havins

Installing CCSLoad.exe - Know Where To Put It!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:22 am     Reply with quote

Hello to all!

CCSLoad.exe may be a swell programmer application (the jury's still out...) but if you don't know where to install it it can lead to hours (days?) of frustration!

CCSLoad.exe must be installed in a directory other than where your compiler is installed. After communicating with CCS via email about programmer problems they indicated that the above was a possible fix.

This morning I created a new folder in my Programs file folder and installed CCSLoad.exe there. It now appears to run correctly and I am again able to program PICs using my Mach-X programmer.

I had earlier had CCSLoad.exe in the same folder with my compiler files; it was unable to read my HEX files (it called them "Corrupt") and was unable to read included configuration bits (it read them all as "0").

So far putting CCSLoad.exe in a separate directory seems to work well. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Bill
andrewg

Re: Installing CCSLoad.exe - Know Where To Put It!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:27 am     Reply with quote

Bill Havins wrote:
CCSLoad.exe must be installed in a directory other than where your compiler is installed.

Well, not necessarily, as mine is installed in the CCS folder along with all the other compiler files and has worked just fine. Same on my previous computer.

Still, this is an interesting possibility for those people, such as yourself, who are having trouble with CCSLoad.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: