CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Load-n-Go slowness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwiedey

Load-n-Go slowness
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:12 pm     Reply with quote

I'm evaluating the Load-n-Go for use in a production environment. The untethered operation is really appealing, but it's SLOW. Loading the same code onto the same device using a Microchip MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger attached to a PC USB port takes ~5 seconds, but the Load-n-Go takes ~33 seconds. I'm not sure if there's anything to be done about that, but I thought I'd give the feedback.

One other thing: as a colorblind person, I'm not a big fan of the red/green indicator LEDs. I can actually tell the difference in the *brightness* of the two LEDs, but the Load-n-Go output would be much easier to read if there were two status LEDs (one for pass, one for fail). Or go crazy and have one for RUNNING, one for PASS, and one for FAIL!

Other than those two nits, the Load-n-Go coupled with the Tag-Connect cable is super convenient for programming multiple units on the fly in a development environment. I'm just not sure it's got the cycle time for a production environment.
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:31 pm     Reply with quote

Email your suggestions to CCS support.
There is no guarantee that they read this forum.
jwiedey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:35 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll do that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: