CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

LCD issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoaoSantos

LCD issue
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:16 pm     Reply with quote

Hello,
I have an application where I use an 16x2 LCD display. When there is a power spike (the LCD only works if VDD = 4.7 V), the LDC displays garbage, but the PIC's main program continues to work.

I try to use an EMC filter in the power supply but it did not solve completely the problem.
I also tried to use the BROWNOUT fuse with 4.5, it "solves" the problem since the PIC is restarted along with the LCD, but my intention is to the program continue running even if there is a "small" power spike.

Using lcd_init() continuously is not an option since it takes a long time and the LCD text appears with flicker.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:35 pm     Reply with quote

http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26718
JoaoSantos

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:15 pm     Reply with quote

Hello thanks PCM,
The problems described in the answer goes in accordance to my problem: a voltage dropout caused by EMI, or other kind of noise affect severely the LCD but not the PIC (it is logic because the noise margin of the LCD is much smaller compared with the PIC).
But unfortunately they don't say how it is possible to solve the problem. I'm already using an EMI filter.

I thought in using the LCD_readByte function to see if the character displayed is different form the one I sent. if so, i would reinitiate the PIC.
What do you think about this idea?
Once more thank you
João
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: