CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Version 4 Comments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Storic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:16 pm     Reply with quote

Just a thought, with V4, where you have on the LHS "Identifires, Projects, Files" maybe you could add an additional tag for version control. this would be for Serial numbers, dates, by etc. instead of doing the #serial function in code, you do this in this tag. (having a tick box to enabel or disable this function, also having the ability to set perameters).

Andrew Rolling Eyes

V4 Beta tester response form/format
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:00 pm     Reply with quote

Testing V4 beta software is one thing. Responding to problems/bugs/requests may require a formal approach. Perhaps by key feature or logical icon title and associated ribbon descriptions.

Any thoughts?
Idea
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:24 am     Reply with quote

Has anyone seen a couple of things I have generated?.
The first is if you select the 'help' pull-down, single click on an item, and then move the cursor down the column. This crashes the system, and in future, all help selections stop working, requiring a re-install to clear...
It appears the code, probably contains a call to allow the help items to be relocated, which is writing something to the registry, or another data store, and which then fails....
The second is a lot of 'comma required' errors, on working CCS3 code, taking advantage of the ability of a call to be made to an integer subroutine, with a 'constant' string. Something here has changed in the handling, but not (yet) sure what...
I have to agree with one poster, hypothesising that the download problems could be NAT based. The 'direct' download works fine, but for me, using the 'download manager', one of the outgoing packets, has a network address that corresponds to a control node on the local network, rather than the machine generating the request, which is blocked...

Best Wishes
Dinesh

Beta V4 Help
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:27 am     Reply with quote

Ttelmah,
I have tried your method regarding help ... It seems ok on the version that Iam ruuning (V3.964 - I think as the downloader indicates local versioin is 3.960, current version is 3.964 regardless of howmany times I updated the software ... I don't know if the downloader is updating!)

Also the downloader fails to work on SBS2000 network. I have to use the PC connected directly to netgear router that has NAT.

Dinesh Surprised

Ttelmah wrote:
Has anyone seen a couple of things I have generated?.
The first is if you select the 'help' pull-down, single click on an item, and then move the cursor down the column. This crashes the system, and in future, all help selections stop working, requiring a re-install to clear...
It appears the code, probably contains a call to allow the help items to be relocated, which is writing something to the registry, or another data store, and which then fails....
The second is a lot of 'comma required' errors, on working CCS3 code, taking advantage of the ability of a call to be made to an integer subroutine, with a 'constant' string. Something here has changed in the handling, but not (yet) sure what...
I have to agree with one poster, hypothesising that the download problems could be NAT based. The 'direct' download works fine, but for me, using the 'download manager', one of the outgoing packets, has a network address that corresponds to a control node on the local network, rather than the machine generating the request, which is blocked...

Best Wishes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:10 am     Reply with quote

I was just going to check for the Help bug on my copy & found a real nasty!

I clicked the desktop icon then switched back to Internet Explorer (to check what I'd got to look at in the Help menus) before the program had loaded.

It produced an endless sequence of error boxes complaining about focus - 'Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window' - and I eventually had to kill it in task manager.

It is reproduceable by clicking the taskbar icon as soon as it appears, in effect minimising the window before it's fully created.

(The help appears to be working on my setup, PCWH plus the utils).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:58 am     Reply with quote

Ttelmah wrote:

If it's NAT, then I don't see how it's CCS's fault.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:14 am     Reply with quote

NAT is only 'transparent', if people follow the rules inside it. Suggestions being raised were that they were either using an abnormal port for the file transfer, or (from what I have seen), they seem to be trying to access an external network control port, based on the local internet IP addresses. Both would fail.
The fact that the download using normal IE, rather than their 'manager', works fine, suggests that something the manager is doing is 'non standard'.

Best Wishes
Dinesh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:43 pm     Reply with quote

I am getting confusing feedback from the downloader.

It reported there was an update version 3.965. The local was version 3.960 that I believe was 3.964 (the time stamp on the file being the latest).

On going through the update to the latest 3.965, the revision is still 3.960.

Are other beta testers getting the same?

Another issue I have is with the editor. Great to have highlighted keywords, however, I get text colour change to purple as you scroll through the code. This effect toggles every now and then from highted text to purple and back as you scroll. I haven't concluded under what conditions this happens. Does any one get this effect?

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:03 pm     Reply with quote

See page 2 from me, treitmey
http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
Quote:
Using DM-1.4.25.10. It seems like my versions never change.
current=3.964 local=3.960 and it wants to do a download.
I download, install, reboot.. but the versions don't change and it wants to
download again. Is my registry screwed up, or something?
Darren Rook

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:35 pm     Reply with quote

Ttelmah wrote:
NAT is only 'transparent', if people follow the rules inside it. Suggestions being raised were that they were either using an abnormal port for the file transfer, or (from what I have seen), they seem to be trying to access an external network control port, based on the local internet IP addresses. Both would fail.
The fact that the download using normal IE, rather than their 'manager', works fine, suggests that something the manager is doing is 'non standard'.

Download manager is using HTTP on Port 80. In particular, it is using HTTP 206 Partial Content.

A pretty standard protocol.

The only difference between Download Manager and FireFox/IE is that Download Manager is using HTTP 206, Firefox/IE is using HTTP 200.

Downloader problem ... URL works
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:22 pm     Reply with quote

I can now confirm that the downloader sees the update but for some reason fails to download the updated downloads.

I have used the URL method as suggested by Darren Rook
http://www.ccsinfo.com/cgi-bin/update.cgi?uid=Web&customer=MyName&rnum=MyRef&action=pcw4

where the name and ref is replaced by your details ( see his post).

On running the downloader again, both the local and current is reported as version 3.965.
The downloader, if and when it works, is growing on me - its quick to see what needs updating.
Perhaps the downloader need to more config parameters e.g. specify the TCP/IP (proxy server) and port ? SBS2000 uses port 8080 for http.

Now I can go through the version 3.965 Smile

Last edited by Dinesh on Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dinesh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:42 pm     Reply with quote

Version 3.965 has fixed the purple text toggle whilst scrolling. Very Happy

Tried the [Document]->[Document Generation] and I have following error thrown via a dialogbox.

Usage: Pass a RTF Template Filename, Project Filename and Output Filename.

But the only option given by the Document Generation is to pass two parameters - Template Filename and Output Filename Exclamation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:49 pm     Reply with quote

Document->Format Source

Another welcomed great feature for code tidy, However, Adding a space as part of format should avoid adding spaces in a literal text Shocked

e.g. printf("some data %c") ends up printf("some data % c") thus generating complile errors

Beta V4 PCWH ... why is it still at version 3.960?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:11 am     Reply with quote

I tried the URL method to download PCWH4 version by specifying URL end withPCWH4, only to find after downloading it, that it was the older version. (Darren Rook's URL link downloads PCW4)

The downloader reports current version as 3.965 but fetches PCWH on my PC ... so when I thought there was a problem with the downloader, in fact it looks like the PCWH updates are not in line with PCW updates Shocked
This is why I think the update remained static no matter how many times I tried.

Idea Can we please have current versions published on web or by email notification Question

Last edited by Dinesh on Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Darren Rook

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:54 am     Reply with quote

Darren Rook wrote:
Download manager is using HTTP on Port 80. In particular, it is using HTTP 206 Partial Content.

A pretty standard protocol.

The only difference between Download Manager and FireFox/IE is that Download Manager is using HTTP 206, Firefox/IE is using HTTP 200.

RJ and rajenkins, I wasn't trying to be an [spam] in last message - just wanted to point out that we are not intentionally using any custom protocols. If your experience is different, please let me know.

We need your guys help to solve this issue, because we have been unable to recreate it. For the record, we are using NAT at CCS.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 4 of 19

Jump to: