CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

CAN ID

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ECUWizz

CAN ID
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:29 am     Reply with quote

How do I get the PIC18F458 to send the sender ID as well as the ID of the node who has to receive the message.
I can get it to send its own ID using the demo code of CCS, but there is no way of setting up the target ID.
JPA

CAN ID
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:08 am     Reply with quote

There is no target or sender ID defined on CAN bus. The ID is the ID of the message. When message is send on the bus, it is available to all devices on that bus. The receivers must filter the message they need.

In your case, if you defined the ID of the message to be the sender's ID, the you may put the target'ID in the data bytes. Or divide the message ID into 2 parts beeing sender'ID and target's ID. This last method let you use the built in mask & filtering of the ID to received only messages sent to the selected target.
ECUWizz

RE CAN ID
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:32 am     Reply with quote

My problem is that I HAVE to send the Sender and Target ID in the TPE
(Transport Protocol Entity). Not in the Data body of the message. This is the standard of KWP2000, an automotive diagnostic protocol. I will try the methods you described. MAYBE that is what they mean.
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: