CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

ICD2 with CCS compiler

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vbaron

ICD2 with CCS compiler
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:42 pm     Reply with quote

I need help with getting a compiled file to download and run on the ICD2 using MPLAB v6.60. I installed the CCS MPLAB plug-in. I then created a project using the EX_TONE.C example file. I chose the CCS compiler toolsuite and gave it the location pointing to "Ccsc.exe". Under Build Options I chose PCH (for the 18F452) and for additional command line options I added "+ICD". It compiles okay and produces a .lst and .hex file.

When I go to program the ICD2 I do not think it is getting the correct file and the debugger will not break on any c code lines.
FJWilliams

CCS PCH ICD2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:31 am     Reply with quote

Please, can someone provide a quick setup tutorial for PCH running under MPLAB and using the ICD2. I also have had no success. The file compiles OK but MPLAB says "skipping link step".
Programme memory is all FFs except the reserved bit for debug. Setting break points says "cannot be resolved". There is a hex file, from the compiler but it does not seem to have the nop at zero. I have #DEVICE ICD=TRUE and have tried +ICD as a command line option. Also have +DF for COFF file. The mplab 6 plug in is installed. MPLAB 6.50. and i've selected the "ccs c compiler" as the tool suite.

HELP!
vbaron

Setting up MPLAB
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:03 pm     Reply with quote

I found that in addition to running the MPLAB Plug-in you must run the following from the command line within the PICC directory:

"CCSC.EXE +SETUP"

Then in MPLAB under "Project->Select Language Toolsuite" you should see two CCSC compiler options:

"CCSC C Compiler"
"CCSC C Compiler for PIC 12/14/16/18"

You must choose the second one. Things should operate better at that point.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:07 am     Reply with quote

Thanks. That seems to be it. I thought the second ccs entry would be for the pcw version. Using mplab 6.62 it works very well, ICD2 operating as well as it does from the assembler tools
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: