CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Proximity Reader Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Proximity Reader Help
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:55 pm     Reply with quote

Hello,

I have an application that will use an RFid proximity reader but my concern is? the output of the reader is a Weigand26 standard with two output Data0 and Data1.

How can I convert the weigand26 to RS232 signal such that I can receive the data at the PC Host?

Any information that can help or maybe a sample snippet or driver that will convert weigand26 to RS232.

Thank u.

Ritchie
chingB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:56 pm     Reply with quote

I need also this information..

thnx
rwyoung

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:10 pm     Reply with quote

What I understand about Weigand is that it is a data packet of 26 bits where the ones are represented by a pulse on the Data1 line and the zeros by a pulse on the Data0 line. There is no clock or baud rate associated as it originally came "directly" from the read head of a mag-stripe reader.

Googling around I found a brief description of the bits:
http://www.control.com/1026171143/index_html

One thing to note is the communication is unidirectional so you can't send anything from the PIC back to the RFid reader through those lines.

If I was going to do this I'd use two pins on Port B that can generate the "interrupt" on change event and use that to build up my 26 bit packet. I'd also use one of the timers to set a maximum timeout so that once a packet starts coming, it has to finish within some reasonable amount of time or the PIC dumps its buffer and begins waiting for the start again.

Then once the 26 bits are present they can be shoved out through the UART to the PC. The PIC could do a little pre-processing before sending them along.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:43 am     Reply with quote

Anybody in the community have implemented a Wiegand26 to RS232 protocol converter using a PIC microcontroller?

Thanx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: