CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Remote programming ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Remote programming ?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:43 pm     Reply with quote

Has anyone done any remote programming for the 18f series processors? I am looking to do something web based or telephone based? Let me knoiw if you have any ideas? Thanx guys.. TTY
future

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:44 am     Reply with quote

I never did this before, but I think you can use an external modem hooked to your pic. To reprogram it you dial to your modem... once connection is done you have a serial link, like your pic is directly connected to computer...

In your firmware you program something like if it receives a "R" it resets the processor.

After that the bootloader starts and waits the new firmware for a few seconds... and then you send it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:28 pm     Reply with quote

I think that feature is only on certain pics like the 16f877. Not sure that would work fo this one. Not from what I have read so far.. TTY
Haplo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:41 pm     Reply with quote

Once I modified the CCS bootloader and used it over a modem connection. For this to work properly you'll need to add proper handshaking, error checking and possibly frame sequencing. Otherwise it will be too dodgy. The last thing you want is your PIC receiving the wrong bytes and crashing after restart.
AllanL5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:03 pm     Reply with quote

Yes, I believe there do exist several 18Fxxx bootloader modules, which should allow this sort of thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: