CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Anyone have experience this problem?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chingB

Anyone have experience this problem?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:19 am     Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a simple application that will connect my PIC18F452 to a computer USB via an FT232BM chip from FTDI --> this is a USB to serial converter.

What I did I connect the FTDI RX-pin to TX-pin of PIC18F452 and the FTDI TX-pin to RX-pin of PIC18F452.

I code a simple program burn into 18f452... this program only transmit series of character such that I can receive series of characters at my computer via FTDI and successfully I receive the correct data.

Secondly, I burn another program on the 18f452 using #int_rda that will receive data from the computer but unfortunately, my pic18f452 did not responds to any data send by the computer....

But here's the catch when I connect the CCS downloader and press the button "run program"... then the computer sends another sets of data... my pic18f452 receives it correctly.

My question is: why this is happening? is their something wrong with my code or hardware?

This only happends when the downloader is remove such that the pic18f452 will run freely... but this is not the case, I need to use the downloader such that my pic18f452 receives data. In real scenario this should not be the case?

Can anyone in the community have experience this problem? any other solution that I can implement?

I'll appreciate any help.

Thank u.
dyeatman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:05 am     Reply with quote

Are you removing the ICD=True line from your code before burning for standalone?
chingB

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:04 pm     Reply with quote

dyeatman wrote:
Are you removing the ICD=True line from your code before burning for standalone?

Yap, NO ICD=True on my fuse config...

BTW, below is my fuse configuration...
#fuses HS,NOPROTECT,NOWDT,NOLVP //PIC MCU Configuration

Anyone who can provide me help on this dilemma...

Thanx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: