CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

firmware version 4.10.0????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vincbeau

firmware version 4.10.0????
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:53 am     Reply with quote

hi,

I want to use PIC16F88 and I have a PICSTART plus which does not support the device. here is the message:

"This device requires firmware version 4.10.0 or higher" i have been trying to find it on the internet but unfortunatly i cant find it.

Vinc
Toonie

Download MPLab
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:28 am     Reply with quote

If you download the latest MPLab version from Microchip's website, then have a look in application directory:

C:\Program Files\MPLAB IDE\Programmers

You'll see a file starting with "pspls4", ending with ".hex". That'll be it. You'll need to have a spare PIC17C44, as these are not FLASH parts, you'll need to have an extra one to program before you install it.

It might pay you to do a dummy install on another machine, or be able to some other way, extract the hex file from the download, then program the part using your existing MPLab, because there can be compatibility issues if your still using a very old version of MPLab. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Toonie.
Toonie

Update
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:39 am     Reply with quote

If you have a look in the help for MPLab 6.40, you'll see that I have got things a little wrong. You can only apply firmware upto v3.11 on the old EPPROM part. For version 4 and above, you'll to have the upgrade the the flash part PIC18F8720. Then you can reprogram the PICSTART plus without opening it.

i ll take another one
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 5:15 am     Reply with quote

thx 4 ur reply but i think i will take another microncontroller it seems 2 b easyier.

Vinc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: