CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PIC16F767 and EX_PWM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xav27

PIC16F767 and EX_PWM
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:57 am     Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm having a project with a PIC16F767 (wich have 3 PWM)

PIC16F767 (28PDIP 8192 Program Memory, 368 SRAM, 25 I/O, 16 Interrupts, 11 channels 10 Bit A/D, 2 Comparators, 3 PWM, SPI, I2C, USART )
PCWH V1.387
ICD control programm V2.7

Since this PIC is not recognised by ICD, I have made the change in "Device Editor" and set the good ID 0EA1 and enable the ICD support.

Now its work good for downloading to Target hex file using ICD-S.

As I want to test its feature step by step, I tried to compile EX_PWM.C for the PIC16F767. Compilation OK, when I run the program RS232 OK but the cpu stop and does'nt show any AD conversion result (and nothing on PWM1).

Does someone can help me ?
Do I have to change something else in "Device editor" menu or is there a change to do in software due to this particular PIC ???

Thanks in advance.
Xavier
Ed

Compiler bug with ADC configuration on the 16F767
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:17 am     Reply with quote

I am using PCM 3.187. When I moved to the 16F767 from the 16F88, my ADC code stopped working, with the call to read_adc() now not returning.

Dumping the ADC configuration registers, the compiler does not appear to be correctly setting this up for the 16F767. I have reported this last week to CCS, who have investigated this, and have now imformed me a fix will be available in the next compiler release (3.189 I guess as 3.188 has just been release before I had notification of the fix).
xav27

PIC16F767 and ADC
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:14 am     Reply with quote

Thanks Ed for the answer.

Xavier
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: