CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PCW V3.185 problems?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwyoung

PCW V3.185 problems?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:17 am     Reply with quote

There was a post maybe a week ago about a problem with the V3.185 compilers and incorrect bit manipulation or bit I/O. Has anybody else encountered this problem or other known issues with V3.185?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:04 am     Reply with quote

I think the bug was related to settings a variable bit. Something like bit_set(x,y+4)

The variable in the second parameter combined with a computation is not going to compile to clean assembly code because of the PIC instruction set. I don't know why CCS suport a variable in the second parameter at all. I'm not supprised that this is a weak point.
rnielsen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:22 pm     Reply with quote

Actually, I am using that exact thing 'set_bit(x, j)', where j is a position counter and x is used as a configuration word. This makes it very easy to set or clear the bits inside the configuration word. This is also messing up my program. It took me a while to figure out that this was causing my problem. I've sent the info to CCS also. In the mean time, I've placed a switch statement in it's place until CCS comes out with a fix. If you use 'set_bit(x, 1)' then things work just fine. It only messes up if you put a variable in the 'bit' position.

Ronald
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: