CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

16F876A header

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob_Gol

16F876A header
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:49 pm     Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I have a pretty old compiler (version 2.731) which does not have a F876A header file. It only has the 16f876.h .
Since now I can only find 16f876A's in local market, I ask if someone can send me an 16f876A.h file?
As I read on previous forum topics, there shuold be no problems migrating to the 16F87XA's, even on old compilers. Am I right or no?

thanks
Steve H

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:54 am     Reply with quote

Rob: I have an old compiler also and I also use the 'A' version of that part. The new functions are backwards compatable with the old version. The new functions can't be directly used by our old compilers, however you can write your own functions to poke bits and set the comparators up, etc. So since nothing moved from the non-A to the A version your old header will work fine.

The data sheet has a section where it talks about migrating to the A version. Check that out.

Regards,

Steve H.
Rob Gol

16F876A header
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:50 am     Reply with quote

Thanks Steve,

I did check out the data sheet and I thought the old header would work with the A part. My programmer accepts A parts and I tried to use the same program I had burned on the non A, and it did not work.
Altough the programmer is supposed to work with A parts, when trying to program a 876A the programmer led, which indicates it is currently programming, stars lit up normally, then as programming proceeds, it dims out and programming goes on really slow, coming to error at the end.

I don't know what is the reason, and think it may be related to the header or configuration fuses. Reading the datasheet I can not figure out what is wrong. The program for the non A should work perfectly with the A PIC, but in this case it does not.

Looking at older posts I read that some other guys also had trouble migrating, while for others it went smoothly. Another friend of mine is complaing the A parts (he works mostly on 873's) are noisier tjhe non A's and require more bypass and filtering on analog inputs.

Can you or someone else send me the 16f876a.h for me to try it out and/or give me some hint onwhat is going on?

thanks again
Steve H

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:18 pm     Reply with quote

Rob: I don't have the A header, it used to be that the samples download included all the headers - I don't know about now though.

I see your point - I use a PICSTART plus and I have upgraded it to the A version part. The programming specifications are not the same for the A and non A part. You can find the programming specifications on the Microchip Website.

See if your programmer vendor can give you an upgrade....

Steve H.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: