CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

How do we use internal oscillator?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
June

How do we use internal oscillator?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:26 pm     Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

I heard PIC got its own internal oscillator also. But when I check the datasheet of PIC16F876 I couldn't find it. Is that because it doesn't has internal oscillator?

Can I know what is the advantages and disadvantages of using internal internal oscillator. I mean besides external oscillator takes extra place, what are the differences. Does PIC16F84 has internal oscillator also?

Finally, may I know in CCS compiler how do we set the program to use internal oscillator?

Thanks for reading...

Regards: June,

Re: How do we use internal oscillator?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:28 am     Reply with quote

<font face="Courier New" size=-1>Not all of PICs have internal oscillator. As I know only the 8-pin PICs (e.g. 12C508/509, 12CE518,519, 12F675, etc. , internal 4MHz oscillator) and the 18-pin 16F62X series (internal 4MHz/37kHz) have internal osc.
No internal osc in 16F84 but you can use 16F627/628 instead of 16F84. It is pin-compatible with 16F84 and has internal 4MHz/37kHz oscillator.

Advantages: cheaper (you don't need any crystal) and saves 2 PIC pins (what is a real advantage using 8-pin PICs Smile )
Disadvantage: it is not as accurate as crystal osc.

Usage:
enter the right option at your #fuses keyword e.g.:

#include <12ce519.h>
#fuses INTRC,WDT,PROTECT,NOMCLR // INTRC to use 4MHz internal osc.

:=Dear Sir,
:=
:= I heard PIC got its own internal oscillator also. But when I check the datasheet of PIC16F876 I couldn't find it. Is that because it doesn't has internal oscillator?
:= Can I know what is the advantages and disadvantages of using internal internal oscillator. I mean besides external oscillator takes extra place, what are the differences. Does PIC16F84 has internal oscillator also?
:= Finally, may I know in CCS compiler how do we set the program to use internal oscillator?
:= Thanks for reading...
:=Regards: June,</font>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: