CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Some problem about ESP32

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tequilaa

Some problem about ESP32
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:25 am     Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I am completely new to PIC and I am currently developing a data logger and planning to send the data to PC / phone using the ESP32 WROOM chip using the wifi protocol.
However, I could not find any of the references. I would like to ask if anyone had experience on ESP32 and could provide some simple examples (like blinking the LEDs using the network) which can verify the functionality and provide some insight for me. Thanks

The pic i am using is pic16LF15376 and here is the datasheet for ESP32: https://www.espressif.com/sites/default/files/documentation/esp32-wroom-32_datasheet_en.pdf
temtronic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:44 am     Reply with quote

you'll NEED to download the 'must read' documents that are listed in that PDF !! That device has a version of the AT command set, so communicating to it should be easy...
start small, say retrieve the 'setup' config of the device, change a couple registers, read them back, confirm you're doing it ....
small steps...not BIG ones !

Jay
cbarberis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:22 am     Reply with quote

Is there a specific reasons to why you would want to use a PIC along with a ESP32? The ESP32 is a full blown32 bit controller with much more features and computing power than a 8 bit PIC. Making a WiFi Data logger with the ESP32 is a fairly simple project and if you have never coded in C with the ESP32 you could easily build this project using the Arduino interface, actually you will find many code applications for a data logger that you can easily modify for your own purpose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: