CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

About the virtual eeprom driver

View previous topic :: View next topic  
samyg

About the virtual eeprom driver
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:59 am     Reply with quote

While going through the forums on using the self-program flash feature on PICs as an EEPROM for some calibration data, I came across the CCS virtual EEPROM driver, which I've got a few questions about:

1. The announcement page on CCS' website for the driver says that it adds virtual EEPROM to "Any PIC MCU". Is this correct? I use the PIC12f615 a lot, which does not have self-write capabilities. Will the driver work on this too? If not self-write, how does this driver write to the flash without applying programming level voltages (forgive me if i'm being ignorant here).

2. The driver uses the last 2 ROM pages. Most PICs that I work with seem to have only 1 page (Page 0), or 2 at max. What happens here? Since there cannot be 2 empty pages, can I not use the driver with these chips? I do have empty space on the flash though.

Thanks!
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:00 am     Reply with quote

No. Should say 'any PIC supporting flash write'.

Most PIC's have dozens or hundreds of pages in this context. Thery are talking about the _erase page_, not the physical memory page. If you look (for instance), at PIC16F1782, the program memory has two physical pages, but it's erase block is 32 words, so 64 'erase pages'.

It's the old thing of choosing the wording carefully!....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: