CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Interfacing IR sensor with Pic16f877a and ESP8266

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carllw

Interfacing IR sensor with Pic16f877a and ESP8266
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:17 pm     Reply with quote

Hi, i want to make a project that takes data from infrared sensor and send datas to PC or mobile phone by using ESP8266 wi-fi module over PIC16F877A. How can i do that or what should i learn about it ?
Thanks.
temtronic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:36 pm     Reply with quote

first... that the 877 is a 'dinosaur' like me, and there are far better, cheaper PICs available for the application....Actually I'm surprised it's not on the EOL(End of Life) notice as it's gotta be 25 years old.
2nd, unless you pick a PIC that's 3Volt rated(at speed), you'l' need logic level interfacing to the ESP8266 as most(all) peripheral devices are 3 volts and that PIC is a 5 volt device.
3rd, how to make coffee! You'll need lots of pots as projects like these can easily take 3-4 months of long days and longer nights !
4th, how to split the task.You've got a CPU and 2 peripherals AND you have to decide ALL the details like update rate,comm failure routines,sensor confirm,backups, CRC or not,dozens and dozens of seemingly small things but they can add up to a big headache. 'Borrowing' chunks of code can be a nightmare,especially if you 'assume' the original program actually works.
'data from an IR sensor' is really,really vague! WHAT kind of data ? analog, digital,range,calibration,etc? I could ask another dozen questions BEFORE even thinking about code for it.

start small, like choosing the correct PIC, do the 1HZ LED program then 'Hello PC' would be a good beginnng.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: