CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PIC to PIC serial.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beaker404

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:43 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
haha..won't run out of pins.....lol !

really, you ALWAYS need 2-3 more..

Agreed, if I can I try to put 30% extra I/O. In this case, not much going on except the UART serial COM stuff so a 28 pin package would still have allot extra.
As I was reading the data sheet, it seemed I/0 functions could be moved around to basically any pin. I have not read all nearly 600 pages of the datasheet yet though.
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:46 am     Reply with quote

I get worse than this. Currently using some 100pin devices and still have to add some external extra PIC's to give extra pins & I/O....
Sad

Honestly though it is always worth going 'one chip larger' on any project, however many pins you initially allow, even if you go to the maximum the customer says they want, you can _guarantee_ that once they actually start using the device, they will miraculously work out extras that they will like. One skill is 'pre-guessing' this, and without being too obvious, always selecting a device that gives enough pins to cover the likely extras.
newguy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:25 pm     Reply with quote

It's my standard practice to build in a few extra inputs, outputs, maybe an expansion port.... On every single project/device I've done so, the customer has put them all to use within a few months. I never give the customer what they asked for - I always give them extra, mainly because I don't like doing things twice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: