CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Going back to MPLAB for ICD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will Reeve

Going back to MPLAB for ICD
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 5:38 am     Reply with quote

Is it me? I can't get the ICD in CCS to work properly. It messes up break points and doesn't seem to program the current code sometimes! I want to go back to MPLAB5.7 is there a simple .hex file I can program into a 16F876 to get it all working? I have tried IC10200.hex but it won't verify as I assume it is designed to load via a boot loader. Is there an "image" somewhere I can just flash into a blank pic?

Will

Re: Going back to MPLAB for ICD
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 10:16 am     Reply with quote

:=Is it me? I can't get the ICD in CCS to work properly. It messes up break points and doesn't seem to program the current code sometimes! I want to go back to MPLAB5.7 is there a simple .hex file I can program into a 16F876 to get it all working? I have tried IC10200.hex but it won't verify as I assume it is designed to load via a boot loader. Is there an "image" somewhere I can just flash into a blank pic?
:=
:=Will

Try MPL876.hex it is often found in program files\MPLAb

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 10:54 am     Reply with quote

I was having simillar problems with the ICD in PCWH. I finally fixed it when I got the valid fuses ([menu],[view],[valid fuses]+cut-n-paste into header as comment for reference) for the device being used and specified every fuse possible in the #fuses statement.

MPLAB makes you set the fuses in a window which works but does not allow embedding of the fuse data in the code build properly (MPLAB 6 does it the same as CCS!)

After doing this, I have had no problem with the ICD/PCWH interface.

jt

:=Is it me? I can't get the ICD in CCS to work properly. It messes up break points and doesn't seem to program the current code sometimes! I want to go back to MPLAB5.7 is there a simple .hex file I can program into a 16F876 to get it all working? I have tried IC10200.hex but it won't verify as I assume it is designed to load via a boot loader. Is there an "image" somewhere I can just flash into a blank pic?
:=
:=Will

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 4:10 am     Reply with quote

<font face="Courier New" size=-1>jt,
Thanks. This had fixed it and things are working. I am more used to CCS holding my hand with automatic set-up than Microchip; but once I set all the fuses to how I used to have them in MPLAB everything seems to work. I think it would be nice to have a pane on the CCS project wizard for all the fuse options you can just tick box the ones you want. They could also fix the problem in getting PWM set-up correctly (it calculates Timer 2 incorrectly if you change the oscillator speed!) but thats another thread!

Thanks again jt,

Will

P.S. Douglas, found that file but luckily didn't have to use it. If things go wrong I might go back to MPLAP but I like some of the features on CCS now they seem to work correctly!</font>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: