CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Version 4 Comments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:05 am     Reply with quote

It seems very similar at present to the existing CCS3 support.I have tried a couple of things that are normal 'C', but will not work (or have to be bodged to make work), in CCS3, and they seem to behave about the same using CCS4, in either 'CCS3' mode, or 'CCS4' mode. In 'ANSI' mode, there were some slightly hopeful signs that parts of the initialisation of variables using pointers, were 'better' (actually putting a number into a varaible that in CCS3, does not get initialised at all). However the value was wrong, and it still didn't work...

Best Wishes
Storic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:23 pm     Reply with quote

I have been trying out the MODBUS library and there apears to be missing something. Undefined identifier "setup_uart".

Re: pointer to function
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:09 am     Reply with quote

kender wrote:
Hey!
Have anyone tried pointer to function in the Version 4?

Ongoing to this question, and another earlier one about pointers to functions, some parts are internally looking 'closer' now (though still do not work). If you declare some functions, and an array of pointers to these, initialised during the compilation, in earlier releases the entries were left blank giving a 'null' address. Now in 4.011, values are put into the array (hurrah), but the values are wrong (boo). At present, the compiler seems to put the LSB of the correct address, into both the LSB, and MSB of the pointer....
It works correctly if you manually initialise the array inside the code.
So, there are signs of this being 'worked on', but it is not there yet.
Despite some oddities remaining in the IDE, 4.011, is seeming to compile V3 code quite well now.

Best Wishes
kender

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Re: pointer to function
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:47 pm     Reply with quote

Ttelmah wrote:
kender wrote:
Hey!
Have anyone tried pointer to function in the Version 4?
...So, there are signs of this being 'worked on', but it is not there yet...

That's great! I've just found out about a very neat way of making state machines with function pointers. Instead of state flags one can use a pointer to a function. So, there's a global variable, which has a pointer to a function handling the curent state. This function can be called through the pointer from anywhere in the code. The state handling function has a single (usually non-nested) switch statemen, which governs state transitions and does the useful work. This approach allows to eliminate the outer level of nested switch statements.

EDIT: I've started a separate topic about the pointer-based state machines here
http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28656

Last edited by kender on Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
sjbaxter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:54 am     Reply with quote

I must say that their 'marketing dept' is certainly way ahead of the software.

I have just read the latest news release:

Software Update: CCS C Compiler Version 4.012'

and I am amazed at how good they make the product sound !!

It's just a pity they don't provide a link on the article to the forum so that people can read about the 'suggestions for improvements' and list of 'technical issues' in the real context and fustration in which they were reported !!

Nice one CCS ... now get the software as polished as the news reports and we'll all be happy. Shocked

Kender, can you eloborate please
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:52 am     Reply with quote

Kender,

can you post some code snippets which illustrate the usage and advantages of using pointers to functions as a state machine

Mike
Benjamin

Addressmod with Version 4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:02 pm     Reply with quote

If anyone gets Addressmod working for addressing exterior memory with version 4, please let me know. It still does'nt seem to work with 4.012.
kender

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Re: Kender, can you eloborate please
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:29 pm     Reply with quote

MikeW wrote:
Kender,

can you post some code snippets which illustrate the usage and advantages of using pointers to functions as a state machine

Mike

I've started a separate topic about this and posted some snippets.
http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28656
carlos.e.carvalho

Problems with compiler
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:36 pm     Reply with quote

I have the CCS PCM C Compiler, Version 4.013 and tried to use it with PIC 16F685. With ROM lower than 50%, the program works fine. But, when the ROM reaches 50% or more, my program don't starts.

Is there some kind of directive to make the program goes to the right place when the program memory bank changes ?

Thanks !!!
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:01 pm     Reply with quote

Download vs. 3.249 and install it. See if it fixes the problem.
http://www.ccsinfo.com/compilerupdates.php
fusyon

PCW won't remember my keyboard shortcut
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:52 am     Reply with quote

I am currently using 4.013 and it won't remember the keyboard shortcut. Every time I close PCW , all the keyboard shortcut I added are gone. Evil or Very Mad This use to be very useful in 3.xx

Also, the toolbar is really bugging me. It is cute but too big. It would be nice if we coul make it disapear or at least resize it.
Dinesh

IDE Editor and Software Stability
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:14 am     Reply with quote

Hi All,

Editor
Since v4.013, the editor gets confused with colour scheme. This causes text to be displayed purple. Has any one else experienced this?

Run Time Exception
So I tried using the MPLAB editor to view/edit. On closing the file and starting CCS complier, I get an muliple exceptions and the CCS software will not run.

This is a serious problem. Installing the software doesn't solve the problem. I had this once before and had to completely erase the PICC directory and the install the software to get it working.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

V4.013 issues
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:14 pm     Reply with quote

Hello all,
I'm currently trying to use V4.013 and have discovered some IDE issues. I'm sending these to CCS support.
1. Color schemes selected in Editor Properties are not consistently applied. Purple color for strings is randomly applied when scrolling through code.
2. When expanding and collapsing functions or statements, the color black is chosen to highlight collapsed code snippet. Can't see text at all. Changing editor properties does not repair issue. Must exit and re-start IDE.
3. Memory fault when scrolling through code, especially when code is collapsed. Appears to occur when collapsed code is scrolled off visible page.
Be careful, Hangs IDE.
-p
Richard Arroyo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:13 pm     Reply with quote

By the time it works like a beat AMC Pacer my maintenance will expire. Very Happy

DSPic support
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:36 pm     Reply with quote

I have been asking CCS about 33F and 24F support. I have a project that needs 3 external timers and 1 internal timer, and it is currently on a PIC17 using Microchip C17 compiler.
Waiting for CCS (all my other projects use CCS), I have used the C30 compiler (student version). I have just got fed up of waiting for even a beta that I have ordered the full C30.
BUT
when asking about FIR,IIR,FFT support in the new compiler I had the reply that the linker will be microchip compatible.

With the C30 GNU compiler supporting pointer to functions, pointers to constants etc, this seems a major step for CCS!

to be able to link CCS code with microchip code!

On another note I have noiced in the latest MPLAB the C30 linker no longer has a tick box for "link for ICD". The linker builds depending on whether you select ICD as debugger or programmer. This philosopy of hiding options seems to be trendy for more than CCS!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 9 of 19

Jump to: