CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Is the ICD-U40 any better than an ICD1?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will Reeve

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Is the ICD-U40 any better than an ICD1?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:00 am     Reply with quote

Is the ICD-U40 any better than an ICD1? I’ve just got one in a bundle from CCS. I needed a new licence and I have a USB project on at the moment so I bought the whole lot, in the form of the USB development kit. I am very impressed with CCS who got the whole lot to the UK in a couple of days; they have improved since I bought a compiler many years ago, in terms of manual, packaging and general professionalism! Top marks.

Excited I placed my trusty Microchip ICD1 (flashed to the CCS firmware) on the shelf and plugged in my new ICD-U40. Wow the little LED flashes!

But it doesn’t appear much quicker in debugging or programming using the ICD program.

I would have thought a debugger working a 40MHz would be SIGNIFICENTLY quicker than one running at 3.69Mhz!

Still it will come in very handy for the small battery operated project I have to do as I can power the target from the U40. Does anyone do this, are there any pitfalls? What is the current limit for the target board.

I thought there would be an option in the IDE for this but can’t see one.

Keep well all,

Will
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: