CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

A few questions about eeprom 24AA12 and 16F690
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arakel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:58 am     Reply with quote

temtronic wrote:
One hardware problem I see in your schematic is your MAX232. It needs 4 caps for the charge pump to properly work. Now the old(original) 'MAX232' used 10mfd caps, newer ones smaller value, but still 4 caps. Just Google image 'max232', you'll see what I mean.
Since I never use a simulator, I can't comment on the results but you need to add 'errors' to the #use RS232( ...options....) so the hardware UART won't lockup, freeze when more than 2 characters come from the PC.

Jay

This is probably the problem, no "errors". For the caps, I saw both options and the 2 caps on VS+/VS- were connected to ground, however on most examples in google, there was 1 cap with no ground.

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pfkdntebkg31rq/RS232-16F690-2caps.jpg?dl=0[/img]

I will test with this and see what happens.
Yo! I love learning and technology! I just do not have experience so do not be angry if I ask a stupid question about a detail! From so much to remember sometimes I forget the details in order to remember the big problems!
Arakel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:38 am     Reply with quote

Since I can't do much to return the favour, if anyone needs anything with computers, ask! To solve a problem, say which is better and which is not, etc.
Yo! I love learning and technology! I just do not have experience so do not be angry if I ask a stupid question about a detail! From so much to remember sometimes I forget the details in order to remember the big problems!
Arakel

Latest version after the revision
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:22 am     Reply with quote

After reading the datasheet, I got to this, but it does not work, I get from the EEPROM "10100001" which is the "control byte".

Source code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rs5njdodryrgs1r/i2c-CCS.txt?dl=0

Schematic:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/80eg1twryy3y6up/i2c-CCS.jpg?dl=0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: